| FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sarah Granquist
Phone: (518) 891-4471
Notice to Public
April 5, 2021
Franklin County Health Department Announces Universal COVID-19 Eligibility and
Vaccination POD on Friday
Governor Cuomo has announced that all New York State residents 16 and older will qualify for COVID-19 vaccination starting at 8am tomorrow, April 6th.
Vaccination sites will vaccinate individuals 16 and older or 18 and older based on the vaccine they are administering:
- Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) and Moderna vaccine are approved for those 18 and older.
- Pfizer is approved for those 16 and older.
Currently, Pfizer is administered at state-run sites which means those 16 and 17 years of age must be vaccinated there. The closest state-run sites are in Plattsburgh and Potsdam. To schedule an appointment, go to https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/.
Franklin County Public Health will hold a Moderna vaccination POD for New York State residents 18 and older at the Holy Family School, 12 Homestead Park in Malone this Friday, April 9th.
The registration link will also be posted on the Franklin County Public Health Facebook page.
Need assistance with registration?
- Those 60 and older, please call 518 481-1526.
- Those under 60, please call 518 481-1111.
- Franklin County Public Transportation is available using on-demand runs within Malone. The hours of operation for this service in Malone are 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday- Friday.
This service can be used for transportation to and from pre-arranged COVID-19 vaccine appointments within Malone. There will be no fee charged for transportation services used to get the COVID-19 vaccination. Public Transportation requires a 24-hour notice to arrange transportation. Individuals can schedule these on-demand appointments by calling 518-483-9000 (during business hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm).
- Medicaid Transport -If you have Medicaid and live in Franklin County, please call the Medical Answering Service (MAS) to request transportation at 1-844-666-6270. This is a new number for all Franklin County Medicaid recipients in need of transportation to and from doctor appointments. A Medical Transportation Specialist for Franklin County will assist anyone who may need help scheduling transportation or who has any questions by calling 518-483-0934 Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.