Snow in Malone
Photo Courtesy Franklin County
Historical & Museum Society
The Franklin County Department of Highways is located on State Route 30, Malone, NY. It operates according to the Highway Laws of the State of New York. The Department of Highway's main objectives are: to maintain, repair, improve and rebuild the County owned roads and bridges.The Department is responsible for:
- Maintaining and improving over 266.28 miles of roads.
- Maintaining 188 County owned bridges.
- Removal of snow and ice in winter months.
- Installing guide railings and road signs.
- Repairing and maintenance of all County vehicles.
All traffic signing, road stripping, traffic control for work zones, road and bridge closings and restricted highways, traffic lights, detours, etc. are installed, constructed and erected in conformance with the New York State Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
Franklin County Highway Department
14981 State Route 30
Malone, NY 12953